Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post any pictures, pricing, links, or any other info on your Air intake!!!

I have an Air hammer on My srt. I purchased it used from another person. Mine is powder coated silver on stainless steel.

Rev now offers a mild steel version along with a new light weight aluminum and the stainless version also. The go from $300 up to $700+ depending on options. The $300 will get you an awesome intake that makes power. The $700 will get you something awesome in power, and fully polished stainless with chrome clamps, colored silicone hoses...etc. Way more than show quality could ever dream of.

Here is a pic.....

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I went with a Volant CAI. I've used this CAI on three vehicles now. I know that the Air Hammer and MOPAR CAI's are the most popular but I like the clean looks of this unit + it pulls cold air out from just behind the front fascia vs. pulling warmer air from inside the engine compartment.

Induction noise is less than with the open filter types (you can still hear it but it's muted) which is fine with me.

Easy to install and I got a great price on it from a vendor that is currently supporting that other site so I won't advertise that info here. However, if you are interested in this CAI, PM me. I'll give you the vendor contact info. He had the best price and believe me, I checked quite a few local and internet sources before I purchased it.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
939 Posts
All I see is red "X"'s... maybe I need to get off this govt CPU.

I have a Mopar CAI, but don't want to take a pic, because like all mopar's... the filter is no longer blue. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has dug into just what the stock throttlebody will actually pass in CFM and compare that to what each type of intake, including the stock box, flows.

Some of the intakes we use may be overkill. Then again, if you are adding exhaust, headers, a different cam and lifters, all coupled with a larger throttlebody, you will need more air.

Anyone know where we might be able to get some specs on the throttlebody flow capacity, combustion chamber capacity/volume and flow numbers on intakes?

This may clear up what I believe is a misconception that 'bigger is better' when it comes to intakes.

Of course, we could always just say "It looks good under the hood" and leave it at that. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
"The Frankentake III ", Great Job, Cost a LOT less.

I went with "The Frankentake III", cost a lot less than MANY others, does a great job, & sounds
like a Hurricane.. Do a Search on LXForums.com for ALL information. Item cost less than $170.00
Stan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is the Airhammer also but it is the Polished version with polished clamps and all!
$700?? I definately didn't pay that much but I guess things get more expensive when material costs rise.

I need to take some new pics with all my carbon fiber underhood and interior and the Billet Grip sized emblem.

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Mine is the Airhammer also but it is the Polished version with polished clamps and all!
$700?? I definately didn't pay that much but I guess things get more expensive when material costs rise.
Chase....... who did you get yours through? That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Thanks for posting the pic...... you rock bro!!!!!:999:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, and I will try to get that coolant flushed when I get my next oil change.

I got the Airhammer directly through Scott aka Rev Hammer (Hammer Motorsports).

Just PM him or lance on the lxforums. That is how I started but I gotta say it took a while, like 6 weeks to get mine but it was worth it.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am looking for a replacement filter for the Mopar CAI. I purchased the Amsoil EAaU3560 on the word that it would fit but it did'nt. I went to Pep Boys and found something that will work in the interim, but its to small in my opinion. Here are some pics of what I have done. I want a filter that is closer to the size of the Mopar than what I have.

The tube and the filter end are the same size.

The filter end can actually fit inside the tube.

This is my temp fix.

I need you guys help!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have the AFE Stage II and love it..... no pics with me at this time....
I also got the AFE II and love it. Paid $265 on a GB.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am looking for a replacement filter for the Mopar CAI. I purchased the Amsoil EAaU3560 on the word that it would fit but it did'nt. I went to Pep Boys and found something that will work in the interim, but its to small in my opinion. Here are some pics of what I have done. I want a filter that is closer to the size of the Mopar than what I have.

The tube and the filter end are the same size.

The filter end can actually fit inside the tube.

This is my temp fix.

I need you guys help!!!!!!!!!

Did you check Amsoil website i bought a replacement fronAmsoil when i had my Mopar CAI but i don't remember the part number

1 - 20 of 107 Posts