Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - I've just picked up a new 2012 300 C and so far it is quite nice. I do have one comment/complaint. The driver's seat bottom is very tight and uncomfortable. It is the bolsters on the bottom. I find they pinch. I am definitely not a big guy. If I was I would likely be sitting on top of the pinch points and not between them. Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly do fixes exist? Thx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your fortunate to have a 2012! Mine is a lot older 2006.

I bought a soft cushion at Walmart. The kind that has a seat cushion and a back cushion and it folds in half. My seats are leather and too hard for me.

Also my right forearm hits the edge of the console even with the cover open. In fact I am sitting on another such cushion now folded double and it has raised me higher.

Buy one of those cushions. Hope it works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am on my 5th 300 and I have always found the front seat to be uncomfortable.
I had the dealer romove the front bolts and insert 3/4 of metal spacers and reinstall the bolts. An amazing difference in the comfort level as well as the angle of the seat.
Try it you wil see.

BTW it takes a female torx socket (very rare) to remove the anchor bolt.
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All - I've just picked up a new 2012 300 C and so far it is quite nice. I do have one comment/complaint. The driver's seat bottom is very tight and uncomfortable. It is the bolsters on the bottom. I find they pinch. I am definitely not a big guy. If I was I would likely be sitting on top of the pinch points and not between them. Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly do fixes exist? Thx
Yup, I have the exact problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 300C and I have the exact same problem. It is the only thing that prevents me from absolutely loving this car. Anybody have a fix besides getting a pad to sit on? Seems like you should be able to sit on the stock seats of a luxury car!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Weird!!!! I've had my 2012 for over 6 months now and find it the most comfortable car I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have a 2013 300s and for ride over 1 hours i have pain in my back and bottom .. and i want to drive to florida this winter a 24 hours drive ouch !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your fortunate to have a 2012! Mine is a lot older 2006.

I bought a soft cushion at Walmart. The kind that has a seat cushion and a back cushion and it folds in half. My seats are leather and too hard for me.

Also my right forearm hits the edge of the console even with the cover open. In fact I am sitting on another such cushion now folded double and it has raised me higher.

Buy one of those cushions. Hope it works.

I am having SEVERE Right hip and joint pain. I will see a Otho soon. This is the second Chrysler I own an I love them but I have never had this until driving am300. I do not want to get rid of my car but I may be looking at surgery now. I am in pain all the time and we just figured out that its my car. Anyone else having similar problems???

·
Registered
2 Posts
6'3 and 295# I find the seats uncomfortable as hell! I am actually waiting on a call from an upholsterer so I can have them reworked and make them fit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not bad.. Upholsterer gave me a price of $150 to rework the bottom cushion with breathable foam and will cut away some of the extra seam work to help alleviate the discomfort. Will take before and after pics when I get it back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To keep my right forearm from hitting the glove box between the front seats I have now added a third cushion that I sit on and my arm does not touch anymore!

This makes getting in and out of the car more difficult however my head does not hit the roof and the mirrors still work.

To add that pop up ads are ruining this forum for me. Other forums don't do this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just rented a 300 this week and drove it from Boston to New York and back in one day. I had back pains for three days. Seats were very hard but I didn't think much of it until the back pain hit me the next morning. The car was beautiful and fully decked out, but I won't ever be buying due to the seats. You would think with all the technology in the car that they could take a lesson a from the mattress guys and make the comfort adjustable either soft medium or hard!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts