Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Other Combination with Suggestions

Votes: 1 5.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some of you know I have been planning on doing some underhood enhancements for a while now. I am starting now to get the itch and figured I would ask you all to help to decide what direction to go in because I keep going back and forth on it. Some of the factors are already in place, and others will have to be imagined a bit to complete the look.

Here is a current photo......

Now, the upgrade to come are a CF Fuse box and a CF engine cover with the same design airbrushed on, so those will still look similar color wise, the coolant tank will be painted Magnessium color match soon, and I have just purchased a Satin BT Catch Can.

Now the suggeestions I need are on the future dress up items:
1. BMC Braided Hose Kit
2. BT Caps

I keep going back and forth on colors of both.
should I go with:
1. BMC Stainless Hoses-Satin Fittings + BT Satin
2. BMC Stainless Hoses-Black Fittings + BT Satin
3. BMC Stainless Hoses-Satin Fittings + BT Black
4. BMC Stainless Hoses-Black Fittings + BT Black
5. BMC Black Hoses-Satin Fittings + BT Satin
6. BMC Black Hoses-Black Fittings + BT Satin
7. BMC Black Hoses-Satin Fittings + BT Black
8. BMC Black Hoses-Black Fittings + BT Black
9. Other Combination with Suggeestions

I told you I am having trouble deciding...lol
Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL thanks Daniel...it has been cleaned since that photo was taken....does need another wash again

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is what I was leaning towards originally, just want sure about going with black hoses or black BT

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
for under the hood I think you want it to pop more and the black stuff doesn't do it especially when there is so much other black stuff there already. The black fittings on the braided steel lines provide some good contrast but I wouldn't do any more than that.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I agree with Daniel also Willy. I'm running the SS hoses with black fittings. I have a Black Catch-Can which kind of disappears, so maybe the Satin will be more to your liking. It's going to look great when you're done.

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
Just slap a 6.1L under that beaoutchhh . Spoke to Bonnie.....she's down....lol . I voted the only sensible choice ( as usual....I just get it ) with choice one . Go classy , don't listen to these suckholes . One drives BB....and the other gets assraped in his ttbpd by a dude named tinky winky . Pull-ease .

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
Oh......and thanks for sticking a pole into Willy's post Michael . Opps......that would be poll . And I know that MJR likes the boom boom pow was you Willy . Fergie ferg ftw.......lmfao .

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
i choose black hoses to match your CAI. then satin fittings. I would suggest getting the entire engine cover painted as well in black.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with Daniel also Willy. I'm running the SS hoses with black fittings. I have a Black Catch-Can which kind of disappears, so maybe the Satin will be more to your liking. It's going to look great when you're done.
Seem to be leaning this way or just all Satin

Just slap a 6.1L under that beaoutchhh . Spoke to Bonnie.....she's down....lol . I voted the only sensible choice ( as usual....I just get it ) with choice one . Go classy , don't listen to these suckholes . One drives BB....and the other gets assraped in his ttbpd by a dude named tinky winky . Pull-ease .
I'm sure you cleared that with her Mike, right now I think I am on the fence with 1 and 2

i choose black hoses to match your CAI. then satin fittings. I would suggest getting the entire engine cover painted as well in black.
I would paint the whole cover black, but I am getting a CF cover that will be painted with the Joker on it, so I am not going to paint that all black...hehe, funny though, your the only one who said you voted taht way, but there are 3 votes for that one....speak up people...lol

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
If you had a light colored car like cool vanilla or silver I'd say Black BT parts. But, I have almost all my BT parts in black chrome, and they look too stock, for folks who know what they are they look cool, to most folks they just think it came with really nice stock caps, because they blend in with the black engine bay too easy. I'm putting lots of yellow in areas to make that black stand out now. But, with you're color that would be harder.

Satin shows up no matter what. I chose Black hoses with satin everything else.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Black hoses with Green Anodized ends, it will pick up the Green accents you already have. That will look HOT!! Also use armorall cloths/long stem q-tips to detail the engine bay, cover and all plastic under the hood. Here's mine after the armorall/q-tip detail: NOTE HOW CLEAN THE VALVE COVERS ARE! (was the only one so far to vote OTHER)

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
damn Meech , you just put my engine compartment to shame :)

I agree with Daniels idea.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts