Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add an amplifier to the existing system, (replacing factory 6 speaker without factory amp)and I'm wondering is there wiring for the factory amplifier already in place that I can tap into without totally rewiring the whole care JUST to add an amplifier to the system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have seen small inline amps at Sonic electronics....thats where i bought my Rockford Fosgate speakers...they improved the sound by 50%...im a sound guy... run live show's and recording in studio...
An amp is unnecessary unless your looking to be deaf by early 40s....
Add a sub woofer in factory hole and thats all you need...accept for maybe a eq....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Depends on the model of the CAMBUS harness. Some have it some don't. If you have it and use the car harness, you will need a CAMBUS compatible amp to plug on the car. There are 2 kinds of CAMBUS also, High and Low. You can google that to see how to identify it. However if you plug the AMP at the exit of the harness. Meaning between the speaker and harness, you should be able to bypass the CAMBUS. But will have to draw power directly from the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts