Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the salt gets on the rims how will it turn out, wut will i use to keep in good condition even they put salt ON THE ROAD :Lookout!:

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
I wouldn't use them at all in the snow. Salt is a killer for rims..and steel grills as well. You will definatley get pitting and damage, even if you try to keep them clean. Get some stock rims and tires..it's worth it if you can find a deal!

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
depends on your finish. If chrome use a good chrome spray and wash once a week.

I'm taking my 22's off this weekend and putting the stockers back on. hate to....but gonna do it. :shakehead:

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
If you like the wheels and don't want to have them replated, or buy new ones...taking them off is pretty much the only choice, unless you clean them every time you stop. It only takes a few minutes for salt/chloride to discolor or eat into the finish.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Take them off asap. Just find some stock rims and run with those till the snow is gone. Salt will **** up your rims!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
All this talk about finish... what about riding around on ice skates? There's no way you'd catch me on 22" performance tires in the winter. Madness.

Take 'em off.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Guess it's pretty unanimous what you should do...lol. Get a second set of rims/tires, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ya i found out the hard way. cant seem to find any factory around me for less than a grand.. an my 22's need rechromed now due to the salt... new it was gonna happen but could not yank um without replacement players :(

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Does this apply to only chorme or does it kill the stock srt wheel!:4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
yeah if you want to throw 2-3k away send it my way in tough econmic times i could use it lol. Pitting is terribe once you have divots in the rims you mine as well make stools out of them sometimes if the divots are soo bad and you decide to paint or powder coat the rims you might not be able to hide these spots. Swap them and save yourself the hassle just not worth it, with unpredictable winter weather.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks i was alittle worried i love the stock wheels on the SRT8!:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts