Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2010 Chrysler 300S and was in the parking lot waiting on my hubs to finish shopping. Turned on the car and all the right side dash lights came on. Checked all fuses and everything is fine. Now my cruise won't work. E brake is not on and I do have tail lights. Adding pic so you can see the lights that are on.
My dad is a mechanic but his words of wisdom were to disconnect the battery. Well, sorry pops didn't work.

·
Administrator
491 Posts
You need to check for any codes stored with a scanner that can read advanced codes. Some auto parts stores carry them and will usually read them for free. Just need to ensure they can read advanced codes, not like regular scanners that only read the ones that turn on the CEL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to check for any codes stored with a scanner that can read advanced codes. Some auto parts stores carry them and will usually read them for free. Just need to ensure they can read advanced codes, not like regular scanners that only read the ones that turn on the CEL.
Like Auto Zone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will. We live super rural in a town with only 100 people here. No stores, no anything. Our only bar burned down 4 years ago! So calling first is definitely going to happen, since I'll have to drive an hour to get anywhere.
Also, what is a CEL? I'm sure it's an acronym for computer.... something, something...

·
Administrator
491 Posts
Check Engine Light. Regular scanners usually tell what the codes are that turn on the CEL but won't read the codes for the other dash lights. That's where you need the advanced codes. You may find there aren't any but it's the best place to start cause if you do have some then you know where to start looking. Some things like the ESP/BAS & ABS are tied into the antilock brakes & speed circuits and can cause the cruise not to work. I'm going to guess that you have a ABS Wheel Speed Sensor gone bad and needs to be replaced. The advanced codes will tell you which one. The sensor is around $25 at the parts house and takes about 15 to 30 minutes to swap on your own if y'all do that kind of stuff. You may also have to drive a little bit for the lights to go out after the swap. I've replaced 2 on my Challenger so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 2010 Chrysler 300S and was in the parking lot waiting on my hubs to finish shopping. Turned on the car and all the right side dash lights came on. Checked all fuses and everything is fine. Now my cruise won't work. E brake is not on and I do have tail lights. Adding pic so you can see the lights that are on.
My dad is a mechanic but his words of wisdom were to disconnect the battery. Well, sorry pops didn't work.

problem is abs weel speed sensor or abs ring speed sensor faulty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts