Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the heat shield under hood pad off my SRT8 while the 3.5L just sat there :rolleyes:
Get a pic with the hood pad off. I wanna see what it looks like. I've been thinking about taking mine off.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
I blew up a sub damnit lol
That sucks!

Spread the looovvveeee man!!! LOL
Haha the 3.5L has had enough done to it over the years and now it's the SRT8 that gets most of the love lol

Get a pic with the hood pad off. I wanna see what it looks like. I've been thinking about taking mine off.
I will take a picture of it today for you man. Going to be a busy afternoon for the SRT8 in a bit with plenty of engine bay work being done :D

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Interesting... did they really not paint the middle of your hood???
That was the same thing I thought to myself when I saw that...interesting...I guess they figured the heat shield was going to cover it anyways so they got lazy and didn't finish the whole thing. Turns out that it is quite common for the under side of hoods to be unfinished when it comes to being painted if they know a heat shield is going to cover that area. Doesn't really bother me though since I am going to cover that up soon :rolleyes:

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
What are you getting to replace your hood pad? If you say, "Polished stainless" I'm gonna be jealous and pissed.
Hehe in that case I will be getting that "chrome mirror" like panel :D

Just trying to find the lowest price possible right now before I spend more than I have to lol

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sick! Please let me know how it fits and if it rubs on anything. I've been wanting to buy one but I'm worried about it rubbing on my 3G fuse box cover and getting all scratched up.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Sick! Please let me know how it fits and if it rubs on anything. I've been wanting to buy one but I'm worried about it rubbing on my 3G fuse box cover and getting all scratched up.
Will do man but hopefully it won't rub on any covers cause the reason why I removed the heat shield pad was cause it was rubbing on the right side coolant/power steering cover but I don't think it would rub on the fuse box cover.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Oh and I spent some where around 3 hours last night working on the engine bay and it's almost complete! Just need few more things to completely finish it up but here is a crappy cell phone pic from last night :D

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will do man but hopefully it won't rub on any covers cause the reason why I removed the heat shield pad was cause it was rubbing on the right side coolant/power steering cover but I don't think it would rub on the fuse box cover.
Oh ok. Mine rubs on the fuse box cover and nowhere else.

Oh and I spent some where around 3 hours last night working on the engine bay and it's almost complete! Just need few more things to completely finish it up but here is a crappy cell phone pic from last night :D

Looks good dude! I love a clean bay! :smileup:

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Oh ok. Mine rubs on the fuse box cover and nowhere else.

Looks good dude! I love a clean bay! :smileup:
Seems as if every car/hood is different. I'm sure if you take the heat shield off, you won't have any rubbing issues on your fuse box cover.

Thanks man and that picture I took last night, the engine bay was covered in dust and finger prints! :i_rolleyes:

Just cleaned and detailed the entire car earlier for a car show so I will post up some better and cleaner pics soon :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts