Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, first post so if its in the wrong place please direct me.

Just got my 06 300c today, and first thing i went to do when leaving the lot was plug in my ipod. However, there was not a jack in site. I looked in the owners manual and my radio looks just like the "REF" listed in it, but there is a "SET" button where it claims the Aux jack is. I have the boston acoustics system, dont know if that is an upgrade or standard, but if it is different then the "REF" is there another place the aux jack might be? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
if your radio had the aux jack it would be on the front of the radio a little hole for the din plug to go. not all the radios have them. my car came with a 6 disc radio and didnt have a aux input.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so it's not hiding in the glove box or under the center armrest or anything?

So now what are my options for ipod playback... is there an aux port behind the radio or anything or do I have to completely install a different stereo? Stupid dealership touted ipod compatability.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it says REF. Is there any way to hook an ipod to an REF model with any kind of aftermarket adapter other than the one previously linked that states it doesnt work with REF?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh excellent thank you. Sucks I'm gonna have to drop 100$ plus whatever my local audio shop will charge me to hook it up. Strange an AUX isnt default on a $40k vehicle.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Installing that is easy, might seem little hard but really it's not , so that should save you some $$ for other mods :)

well it depends on what radio it comes with, unfortunately you got the crappy one :)

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
yeah really once you pop the bezel off and the 4 screws holding the radio in place you unplug the harness from the back of the radio and plug it into the female end on the pac piece and then plug the male end of the pac piece into the ref.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Ahh excellent thank you. Sucks I'm gonna have to drop 100$ plus whatever my local audio shop will charge me to hook it up. Strange an AUX isnt default on a $40k vehicle.
Yup, very strange indeed. I used to use my Aux audio input on the back of the VES system in my car but then I started burning mp3 CD's and now I use them instead of the mp3 player and the VES aux.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

If money is an issue, there are any number of lower priced FM transmitter based adapters that you plug into the headphone jack of the mp3 player, and it broadcast a signal on some FM frequency, often selectable from several choices. I have had to use one of them in my scion for the same reason.

I had been hoping for the MP3 player port, but my 07 came with the 6 disc MP3 compatible unit and no port. I think I'll either burn some MP3 discs or just use my FM transmitter unit....

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
only problem with fm transmitters is the huge sacrifice in sound quality. I have dealt with them in the past and they made me insane. with road trips you constantly have to change channels to get the best reception.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I have a Harman Kardon iDrive I put in my wife's car, and it makes her hate driving her car that much less. I've had to **** with the FM setting on it once, but I was in east bum**** VT and it was for a few minutes. They're like 25 bucks on ebay for the entire kit (controller, screen, radio transmitter, and control unit)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts