Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new owner, I attempted a search but with little results to see if there is a just out right guide to which wire harness i need for an aftermarket stereo. I have an 06 300 Touring. I have the 1.5 din non navigation with no steering wheel controls. My radio has "ref" next to the tuning nob. I ordered a double din bezel that comes with a basic harness but from what I am reading that may not quote cut it. How do I know if I need a different harness? I have seen many and I am unsure which I will need. What are some ways to find out which harness will be required? Thanks in advance and I did search for this but nothing was clear cut on how to tell which, and I'm sure I'm not the first or last to ask the question so maybe having this information in one post will save others some time and effort in the future as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone ends up needing this same info, if you have the 4 speaker non amplified set up the cheap Metra wire harness WILL work. You will need to wire both yellow power wires to tour HU and both grounds to your HU. Then you will need to splice your red accessory wire into the power from your cigarette lighter because the one from the harness does not go to anything. All works fine and good to go in my car except that the touch screen I bought from Craigslist doesn't work properly so I'm going to save some money and install a decent one next. I also did do the double din conversion with the Amazon Metra kit and it looks pretty good, I painted mine silver with touch up paint that matches my 300 because I thought the plain black looked cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts