Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems diagnosing a problem with my '06 SRT-8.

- Always have 91 or 93 octane in car
- Have drop in K&N filter, no other mods

Here is the problem
Whether I am at an idle and go wide-open throttle (WOT) from a red light or am cruising in lower RPM's and go WOT, my car will quite frequently, cut the fuel out.

So when I go WOT the RPMs will climb from idle or say 2k to any where to 4k+ or really close to redline then the car will I'll say 'cut the fuel off' ... meaning my car does not stall, turn off or go into neutral. But my gas pedal will not 'work.'

I got the tech at the dealership to ride with my and then they ran a diagnostics and if i recall correctly it said something like 'COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN PCM AND SOME OTHER CONTROL MODULE' The dealership is unsure how much $ and time it will be to fix

HAS ANY ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM, SO EMBARASSING :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

ttt
No one's had this issue? IIRC the error is something like 'loss' or 'error in communication between PCM and TPS'

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
My only guess (and it's only a guess) is that you have a loose or corroded harness connection at the PCM.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You definitely have a communication problem from the PCM, I think Michael may be on to something, check your connections on the PCM and see if there is any corrosion, maybe a quick cleaning will clear your problem up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be more specific I suppose it does not have to be wide open throttle, i has also happen when the car downshifts and then the rpms increase quickly. so instead of wide open throttle you could say it happens when i drive 'aggresively'. i will check out the pcm and see if the dealer put the error code in my service records... then i'll search and post here. Are there any pics of where pcm is?

I come from the v-dub scene and have not modded my ride much thx.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey this seems to be exctly what happens to my car. 06 300c srt8. at hard acceleration it will seem like the gas pedal will not be doing anything for a couple seconds and then when it kicks back in the car will lurch forward and continue on. no check engine light but got the same codes where pcm stops communicating with ecm and tcm. the mechanic i took my car to drove my car with the scanner on and when this would happen the scan tool would go blank as well during the couple seconds where car became unresponsive. and once car kicked back on to normal the codes would come up where pcm lost communication with tcm and ecm. left car in warm garage for 2 days and car started driving fine. this is the second incident of this that i have had and it lasts a couple days then goes away for a few months. did u remedy this issue yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
codes are u1113-loss of communication with AC, p0700 trans control error, u0101 loss of commuication with transmission control module

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
codes are u1113-loss of communication with AC, p0700 trans control error, u0101 loss of commuication with transmission control module
i never got mine fixed. this car is not super reliable. dealer does not know what to do or how to quote me a bill of goods to start. "oh, i can't give you any quote, cause who knows how long it'll be" "we've never see this" they look at me like i'm crazy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am writing my 25th post, SO THAT I CAN WRITE A PM TO FABIO. THIS IS THE WORST CARD SITE I'VE EVER BEEN ON. wtf do you need all these rules, just ban ppl. you are ruining the experience of the new users by over restricting them. check out vwvortex..... much better than this pos site.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the placement of all you banners are ruining the page layout. why clump all the ad banners at the top? durrrrr so ppl can scroll right over them, lol. I used to be a web developer and UI guru. need help I'll send you a mockup!

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
i am writing my 25th post, SO THAT I CAN WRITE A PM TO FABIO. THIS IS THE WORST CARD SITE I'VE EVER BEEN ON. wtf do you need all these rules, just ban ppl. you are ruining the experience of the new users by over restricting them. check out vwvortex..... much better than this pos site.
the placement of all you banners are ruining the page layout. why clump all the ad banners at the top? durrrrr so ppl can scroll right over them, lol. I used to be a web developer and UI guru. need help I'll send you a mockup!
LMFAO. Dokay....

·
Registered
3,190 Posts

^sry thats just too funny

its a nice community here, its to prevent spamming :kap:
Plus i just made a write up on how to block all ads on forums, So i dont have to check out "crappy" vw sites lol

On topic:
Did you ever do anything to the spark plug wires?
mine is awd and i got rid of the rat nest which apparently did something to the firing order and my car had major hesitation from 1st into 2nd during WOT, swapped back to the rat nest... no problems now

·
Registered
54 Posts
On topic:
Did you ever do anything to the spark plug wires?
mine is awd and i got rid of the rat nest which apparently did something to the firing order and my car had major hesitation from 1st into 2nd during WOT, swapped back to the rat nest... no problems now
I think im having the same problem. Lately ive been having the same problem only under WOT from 1-2 gear, other wise you can hardly feel it shift. but im also haveing a hesitation under light acceleration from 0-30. My car has 55k miles on and the guy i bought it from replaced the stock plugs at 20k. no codes or check engine lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having problems diagnosing a problem with my '06 SRT-8.

• Always have 91 or 93 octane in car
  • Have drop in K&N filter, no other mods
Here is the problem
Whether I am at an idle and go wide-open throttle (WOT) from a red light or am cruising in lower RPM's and go WOT, my car will quite frequently, cut the fuel out.

So when I go WOT the RPMs will climb from idle or say 2k to any where to 4k+ or really close to redline then the car will I'll say 'cut the fuel off' ... meaning my car does not stall, turn off or go into neutral. But my gas pedal will not 'work.'

I got the tech at the dealership to ride with my and then they ran a diagnostics and if i recall correctly it said something like 'COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN PCM AND SOME OTHER CONTROL MODULE' The dealership is unsure how much $ and time it will be to fix

HAS ANY ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM, SO EMBARASSING :(
did you find out what the problem was literally having the same exact problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts