Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
PCV maybe? Could also be an intake manifold leak, mine did that for a minute after we put in my cam, we just missed tightening down one of the bolts. See if maybe there is a vacuum line back there that's loose/rotted/has a hole in it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have heard an EGR valve make a very similar noise years ago. Can you pin-point the area the noise is coming from on the engine?
That's what I was thinking... The 3.5 is very sensitive to vacuum leaks. I had a bad seal on the return tube when the EGR valve was replaced on my Limited and the car will throw a code and the throttle body controller would wig out untill the car was cycled... The way that noise comes and gos it's like it's connected somehow to some control circuit... The EGR would be my guess too... I would hold a long tube to my ear (like a paper towel cardboard tube) plug my other ear and see exactly where this noise is coming from. I highly doubt it's a intake gasket leak. I doubt it would wistle or cycle like that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.