Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know that my back fenders (only) were rolled last spring and I was thinking of getting tire size of: 295/35/20's.

I shouldn't have any issues with this do I?
The front will be 255/35/20 - planning on getting those Viper chrome wheels to marry Nitto tires.

Thoughts? and thanks..

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm sure that rear size will fit no problem, but with a 35 sidewall you are going to have a lot of front and back wheel well gap with 20's, even if your car is lowered. Most go with a 35 side wall if they are running 22's.

I'm running Toyo Proxes4's on 20's and am lowered. My tire sizes are 245/45/20 front and 275/40/20 rear and my gap is a finger at most.

I would definately re-think your sidewall size.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
295's are 11.5 inch wide .... vipers as far as i know only come in 9's and 10's

so 295s are not needed at all

255's are 10"

·
Registered
504 Posts
295's are 11.5 inch wide .... vipers as far as i know only come in 9's and 10's

so 295s are not needed at all

255's are 10"
I have 9's all around and my rear is 275 wide and there are no fitment issues what so ever.

He will be fine with 9's on the front and 10's in the rear with 295's, but I agree he doesn't need to go to a 295 as a 275 is more than wide enough.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
i never said there would be fitment issues i was just stating that it isnt needed to run such a wide tire with a rim of that size

its simple math

25.4mm in an inch
295 / 25.4 = 11.6141732 inches

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
what every you decide to do, you should look at a tire calculator and make sure that the total diameter of the front and rear tires are the same http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

for about a month I had some 285's on the rear with stock wheels but they came with the rims and were pretty much gone. after that I went with 275 in the rear and now I'm running 255 on all four corners

·
Registered
504 Posts
i never said there would be fitment issues i was just stating that it isnt needed to run such a wide tire with a rim of that size

its simple math

25.4mm in an inch
I don't think 300Classy was thinking he needed 295's in the rear but rather wanted them and I was stating a 10" rim would be fine for a 295. The way you explained yourself was confusing. You said Vipers only come in 9's and 10's and a 295 is 11.5" wide so that could lead him to believe a 10" rim would be too small for a 295 tire.

In any event I wasn't accusing you of saying there would be fitment issues, but rather thought I would straighten things out in case he thought there would be issues with that setup.

Oh...and I'm pretty adept at math simple or otherwise. ;)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

its simple math

25.4mm in an inch
Thank you for that equation

what every you decide to do, you should look at a tire calculator and make sure that the total diameter of the front and rear tires are the same http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

for about a month I had some 285's on the rear with stock wheels but they came with the rims and were pretty much gone. after that I went with 275 in the rear and now I'm running 255 on all four corners
did you run the 285's all year long? thanks for the response bud!

I don't think 300Classy was thinking he needed 295's in the rear but rather wanted them and I was stating a 10" rim would be fine for a 295. The way you explained yourself was confusing. You said Vipers only come in 9's and 10's and a 295 is 11.5" wide so that could lead him to believe a 10" rim would be too small for a 295 tire.

In any event I wasn't accusing you of saying there would be fitment issues, but rather thought I would straighten things out in case he thought there would be issues with that setup.

Oh...and I'm pretty adept at math simple or otherwise. ;)
Thanks HEMICya for your input

EDIT: after speaking with a few guys at the other forum, i was planning on changing it to this because they stated it needs to be this way at the back.

255/35/20 fr and 295/30/20's back. again viper wheels with 20x9 and 20x10 setup.
they have vipers too with similar back tire size.

i just couldn't understand why not have 35's or 30's in all corners. anyone?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Because of the wider tire in the rear you want to keep the tire diameter as close to the same as possible, this is why you need a 35 in the front and a 30 in the back.

I had to do the same with my setup 45 in front and 40 in the rear. If I had of went 45 in the rear with a 275 my diameter would have been way off compared to the front.

Remember, with 20's and a 35 and 30 setup you will have alot of fender gap even when lowered. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because of the wider tire in the rear you want to keep the tire diameter as close to the same as possible, this is why you need a 35 in the front and a 30 in the back.

I had to do the same with my setup 45 in front and 40 in the rear. If I had of went 45 in the rear with a 275 my diameter would have been way off compared to the front.

Remember, with 20's and a 35 and 30 setup you will have alot of fender gap even when lowered. Just my .02 cents
Hmm...good point. With that said then 45 front/40 rear is a better setup then when it comes to the fender gap? Geez...so many things to consider LOL!!
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks HEMICya - u had helped me decide on what my setup would be. I'm going with the 40s. Plus i like the idea of a softer ride lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts