Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning to the Chrysler Family,

Just joined the forum today and see some good information on this site. I've been reading several others from a few years ago post similar issues in regards to the windows fogging and/or frosting up on the inside of the car, but haven't seen anyone state whether the suggestions that some folks left actually work. Basically, when I pull out of my car in the AM, my windows are perfectly clear. Then when I start to drive, the back windows fog up almost immediately, even though I've tried almost every setting possible. It's like I can either turn the defrost knob all the way to the left to defrost the front and back windshield (but then the front side windows start to fog up), or turn to the very top where the arrow is pointing at the person's head, but then the front and back windshield fog up...........HELP :4-dontknow: :SHOCKED: :kap:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Are you getting into the car with wet hair, i.e. soon after coming out of the shower?

Even if so, setting the HVAC to fresh air (not recirc), fan speed and temp on high, and a/c on should be able to remove the humidity with no problem, regardless of which setting you use. Unless it's really cold or humid outside.

If that doesn't work, maybe your fan isn't blowing at full speed, or your cabin air filter is clogged (if you have one).

Once you are moving, you might also trying cracking both passenger side windows open an inch or so and turn the fan off altogether...that allows quite a nice turbulent breeze in/out of the car and is pretty good at moving air through the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dhoolwerf,

Thanks for the response. No my hair is completely dry when I get into my car. I keep seeing people mentioning what you did below (setting the HVAC to fresh air and not recirc), but I don't see those options on my vehicle....can you help me determine where the HVAC and recirc options are?

Also, how do I know if my fan isn't blowing at full speed (which I believe it is), or if my cabin air filter is clogged (or if I even have one to your point)?

I'll have to try cracking both passenger side windows as I have not tried that option in the past.

Thanks again.

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
fog

I have read that the door on the airc recirculator may be broken. I am have the same issue and sure enough the door on my 06 is broken. I can move it by hand but it stays where I put it. Not sure if it will prove to be the cause because its way cold here and I am not going anywhere. I will post results when I give her a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The issue is a little door with a small EL motor. The hinge is broken or the motor is not working. It controls the Re-Circ Air system on you A/C that de humidifies your car in winter
The good news is it is only $100 the bad news is it cost about $1500 to rip off the dash and get to the air conditioner

·
Registered
358 Posts
I get fog in winter here and my observation is that it fog a lot when I put air to the floor. Ofc, evaporating water at my foot. My cheap solution , crak the window open about 1/2 a inch both side in the back. After about 15 to 30 minute depending on humidity and speed of the car, the fog is gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The issue is a little door with a small EL motor. The hinge is broken or the motor is not working. It controls the Re-Circ Air system on you A/C that de humidifies your car in winter
The good news is it is only $100 the bad news is it cost about $1500 to rip off the dash and get to the air conditioner
The car in question was stored in a heated garage with windows open to attempt that no moisture was trapped in the car. All mats were dry. Two extra dehumidifiers device were used and none of this helped.
Since the expense 8.5 hr repair we have no frost or fog and the car is now SAFE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts