Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first time ever posting to a forum. I have read many before but I am striking out with this issue and figured I would try my luck here. When my key is in the on position my wipers and turn signals work fine. With the car running the turn signals will flash a few times the pause. This happens on both sides and continues until I turn and they automatically shut off. Now the issue with my wipers is I have no slow/delay speeds. I do not have rain sensing wipers. Here is what I have done so far. Cleaned and added grounds, changed the wiper motor, changed TIPM, changed FCM changed turn signal switch. I am at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Strange, Sound like the engine vibration makes something move in the electric circuit somewhere. Loose cable or damage computer somewhere. Is the voltage stable when the car is running ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Voltage is right where it should be, I have tried running a jumper cable from the battery to the positive post on the TIPM and nothing changed, I am tempted to pop the serpentine belt off and start it to see if the alternator is possibly causing an issue. That would then eliminate it or vibration. I am a bit worried though, my dash lost all of the gauges this weekend, I took it out and found a loose plug, that is not the issue, I also found a mouse nest behind the cluster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could not find any chewed wires, but I know that does not mean there aren't any, I just still don't get why it works fine with the car off and not when the car is running, what control module are you thinking?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The grounding circuit could be slightly different when the car run and when it's on battery power. Creating a short and cause the problem. The alternator also gives a few volt more, and could be just the exact difference to connect 2 wire that are very close together. Murphy law... There's the vehicle system interface in the central console, under the radio. And a few others. I think the best would be to follow the wire harness.

possibly this one since it link the dash and light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts