Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt engine ,5.7, 2000 miles ago
Had a lot of issues with egr so I just bought a new one then the dreaded p1404 when the code would set it would start bucking badly, after the last time it would not restart noticed there was no fuel pressure, yep it was bad Replaced it cleared codes drove 500 miles thought I had it then the p0301
So I swapped the coils with 5, cleared the codes so far so good I’ll soon see if it coil or plugs Now the dam thing has started a new one shut it off when it’s hot and you have to cycle the ignition about 3 times and slightly hold the throttle open starts right up runs great Love to hear you comment see if anybody has experienced any of this

·
Administrator
428 Posts
I had a hot misfire on my 05 Ram, turned out the injector was leaking by & flooding the cylinder when shut down. Never happened cold, guess the gas had enough time to evaporate so it would not throw the code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 50 miles code reset p0301
So coils are ok I’ll try the plugs now
Engine is smooth as silk no noises , there is a mild lope at idle anything above 600 rpm and it’s smooth after that I’ll try the injector swap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up I went ahead a swapped injectors
Cleared code started again again reset after about 50 miles Did compression and leak down 170across all 8 with 8% leakdown
Only thing left is spark plugs I’ll keep you posted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow up
Replaced plugs No change mild lope at idle and misfire occurs
Presently going thru evap system Not getting any evap related codes but tank won’t fill then will run a mile and quit after restart it bucks and carries on but clears up and runs nice put gas in and it repeats no codes except p0301
ive tested canister, vent lines, vent solenoid
Next is purge valve
Also gonna send Ecu back to Syked and have him take the tune out till I figure out what’s going on
Anybody run into this or have any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts