Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 AWD, does the x pipe from any S model bolt on to the existing cat pipes or does it have to be AWD specific? I want to run true duals, mufflers with the rear resonators removed.....Thanks for any info

·
Registered
374 Posts
The RWD and AWD exhaust systems are the same. If you have the single-into-dual splitter exhaust now, check Craigslist for a complete take-off dual exhaust from a 300C.

Don't remove the resonators. The drone will make your ears bleed. Plus, if you have a shop do the work, they will replace your stainless steel resonators with shiatty mild steel pipe that will start rusting on the drive home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool thank you for the info!....I found a stock exhaust for a hemi with an X pipe but I don't believe that will bolt up

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ok cool thank you for the info!....I found a stock exhaust for a hemi with an X pipe but I don't believe that will bolt up
If it's from a second-gen 300, it should fit. You'd need hangers for one side, and you might need a couple of reducers up front, if so an exhaust shop can mate those up for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's from a second-gen 300, it should fit. You'd need hangers for one side, and you might need a couple of reducers up front, if so an exhaust shop can mate those up for you.
Thanks again, it’s full brand new exhaust from a 2nd gen v8 with the x pipe for 100 bucks. The owner replaced the exhaust with a full magma flow the day he bought the car….seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Snag that bad boy ASAP. Pick up a couple of hangers and rubber isolators and take it to a good exhaust shop to get it swapped in.

After you drive it for a while, you can decide if you want to delete the mufflers, modify the resonators or whatever. But just the way it is, it's a solid step up in every way from what you've got.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts